What We Support
Organizations that help families and the elderly meet their basic needs. In particular:
- Emergency and transitional shelter (including emergency domestic violence shelters) that include wrap around services for clients
- Food and nutrition services for low-income seniors
- Food distribution and meal programs for families and individuals
To be eligible for funding, an organization must:
- Work in and serve residents of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, and/or San Francisco counties.
- Offer essential food and/or shelter services to families or elderly in need, in one or more of the foundation’s target counties
Eligible uses of funds include:
- General support when all or a significant portion of an organization’s programming focuses on food or shelter for families and/or the elderly in need.
- Specific programs that help families and/or the elderly meet their basic food and shelter needs.
- Capital needs that would enhance the ability of an organization to serve families and the elderly.
- Grant requests typically fall in the range of $20,000-$50,000
- Renewing applicants must also submit a grant report at the time of reapplication, and reapplications without grant reports will be considered incomplete
- Organizations may only submit one application per calendar year to the foundation
- Break requirements from the previous guidelines do not apply and all organizations will be considered under the new guidelines starting in January 2018.
- No gifts are made to individuals, events, or annual appeals