What We Support
Organizations that help families and the elderly meet their basic needs. In particular:
- Emergency and transitional shelter (including emergency domestic violence shelters) that include wrap around services for clients
- Food and nutrition services for low-income seniors
- Food distribution and meal programs for families and individuals
To be eligible for funding, an organization must:
- Work in and serve residents of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, and/or San Francisco counties. Please note that the foundation is no longer funding in San Mateo County. If your organization has received support from the foundation in the past three years (2015-2017), and is based in San Mateo, you may be eligible for one year of transitional funding.
- Offer essential food and/or shelter services to families or elderly in need, in one or more of the foundation’s target counties
Eligible uses of funds include:
- General support when all or a significant portion of an organization’s programming focuses on food or shelter for families and/or the elderly in need.
- Specific programs that help families and/or the elderly meet their basic food and shelter needs.
- Capital needs that would enhance the ability of an organization to serve families and the elderly.
- Grant requests typically fall in the range of $20,000-$50,000
- Renewing applicants must also submit a grant report at the time of reapplication, and reapplications without grant reports will be considered incomplete
- Organizations may only submit one application per calendar year to the foundation
- Break requirements from the previous guidelines do not apply and all organizations will be considered under the new guidelines starting in January 2018.
- No gifts are made to individuals, events, or annual appeals