The foundation recognizes that we have built long-term relationships with nonprofit organizations that may no longer be eligible for funding under our new guidelines. As we transition to the new grant guidelines, the foundation will consider applications from existing grantees for one year of transitional grant support in 2018.
To be eligible for transitional support, the nonprofit organization must:
- No longer fit in any of our new funding areas or be from San Mateo County.
- Have received a grant from the foundation in the past three years (2015-2017).
- Eligibility for transitional support is not a guarantee of funding. Organizations will still need to go through the normal application and review process.
- If your organization is eligible to apply, you can apply during any of the three open application cycles in 2018.
- Funding breaks for 2018 as required under the previous guidelines do not apply for this transitional year support.